Dell PowerVault ME4 Series SAN Storage
Enterprise-class features in our most affordable entry-level SAN/DAS storage array
Purpose-built for SAN/DAS:
The affordable, simple, and fast Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series SAN/DAS Storage Series is optimized to run a variety of mixed workload applications – physical and virtual – for small businesses. Whether you need to consolidate your block storage, support the demands of data-intensive applications, take advantage of intelligent data management, or optimize your virtual environments, the ME4 Series has been designed to meet your growing business needs. The flexibility of the ME4 Series lets you decide the protocol, supports a wide range of mixed drive types (including SED), scales to 4PB raw, is highly aligned with Dell PowerEdge Servers, and is delivered to you with all-inclusive software – everything you’ll need to store, manage and protect your data.
Powerful entry storage architecture
Based on the family of Intel processors, Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series storage implements a block architecture with VMware virtualization integration and concurrent support for native iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and SAS protocols. Each system leverages dual storage processors (single storage processor systems are available) and a full 12Gb SAS back-end. Additional storage capacity is added via Disk Array Enclosures (DAEs) while Distributed RAID (ADAPT) delivers faster drive re-build times. And all ME4 Series arrays are managed by an integrated HTML5 web-based GUI.
PowerVault ME4 Series Base System and Expansion Models
The two non-dense ME4 base arrays start at 2U and the dense ME4 array starts at 5U. Both models include dual controllers with Dual-core Intel Xeon processors, 8GB per controller and 4x10Gb iSCSI, 4x12Gb SAS, and 4x16Gb FC network connections (auto-negotiation supported on iSCSI and FC). Optional ME4 Series expansion enclosures let you scale up to 336 drives or 4PB. PowerVault ME412 and ME424 expansion enclosures can only be used with either ME4012 or ME4024 base arrays.
The ME484 dense expansion enclosure (also available as JBOD) is supported behind any ME4 base array. All array and expansion enclosure models support a mix of SSD, 15K, 10K and 7.2K drives (including FIPS-certified SEDs)
ME4012: 2U 12 x 3.5” drive bays (2.5” drive carriers supported)
ME4024: 2U 24 x 2.5” drive bays
ME4084: 5U 84 x 3.5” drive bays (2.5” drive carriers supported)
Affordable ME4 Series, purpose-built and optimized for SAN/DAS simplicity and accelerated performance.
PowerVault ME4 Series provides simplified, all-inclusive software licensing, including:
– ADAPT (Distributed RAID): (like Dynamic Disk Pooling) reduces drive rebuild times
– Thin Provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools. Thin is virtual mode only.
– SSD Read Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data
– IP & FC Remote Replication: Safely replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools
– Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with Redirect on Write snaps
– 3 Level Tiering: Get great performance with less hardware expense
– Volume Copy/Clones: Enable seamless volume relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data
– Encryption (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure (internal key management included)
– Virtualization Integrations: VMware vSphere, vCenter SRM, Microsoft Hyper-V
– SupportAssist: Provides enhancements enabling automated maintenance capabilities
|Model||Dell ME4 Series SAN|
|CPU||Intel 2-core, 2.2GHz|
|Memory||8GB per controller|
|Drive Bays||ME4012: 2/264, ME4024: 2/276, ME4084: 28/336|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows 2019, 2016 and 2012 R2, RHEL 8.0, 7.4, 6.9, SLES 12.3, VMware 6.7 U2, 6.5, 6.0, Microsoft Hyper-V, XenDesktop 7.1|
|Connectivity||16Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb iSCSI, 12Gb SAS,
Multiprotocol: 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ / 10Gb iSCSI SFP+
|Media Types||NLSAS: 7.2K 3.5″ – 4TB, 8TB, 10TB, 12TB, 12TB SED
NLSAS: 7.2K 2.5″ – 2TB, 2TB SED
SAS: 10K 2.5″ – 1.2TB, 1.8TB, 2.4TB, 2.4TB SED
SAS: 15K 2.5″ – 900GB, 900GB SED
SSD: 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB, 1.92TB SED, 3.84TB
SDD / HDD: FIPS-certified SEDs
For customized configuration, commercials, and order, please call Nilesh @ +91-9987473701 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org