Dell PowerVault ME5012 Storage Array
The simple, fast, and affordable Dell PowerVault ME5012 storage platforms are optimized to run a variety of mixed workload applications – physical and virtual – for small to medium size businesses.
Whether you need to consolidate your block storage, support applications without the need for low latency flash and NVMe, take advantage of intelligent data management or scale capacity to keep pace with data growth, then PowerVault ME5012 is ready to meet your growing business needs. The flexibility offers multiple protocols, supports a wide range of drive types and capacities, scales up to 8PB capacity, validated with Dell PowerEdge Servers (16G ready) and is delivered to you with all-inclusive software – so you’ll have the needed data services to store, manage, and protect your data.
Using fast Intel Xeon processors, Dell PowerVault ME5 series storage implements a dual-active controller architecture, 12GB/sec read, and 10GB/sec write throughput and uses a 12Gb SAS backend protocol for rapid capacity expansion.
- ADAPT (Distributed RAID): Improved data protection functionality that delivers faster drive rebuild times
- Thin Provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools
- Snapshots: Easily recover data with point-in-time copies
- Replication: Replicate data to any global location and PowerVault ME storage system
- Volume Copy: Enables seamless volume relocation and disk-based backup and recovery
- SSD Read Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data
- 3-Level Auto-tiering: Optimizes data performance with less expense
- Virtualization integration: Integrate ME5 arrays with VMware vSphere and vCenter SRM and Microsoft Hyper-V seamlessly.
|Product specifications||Dell ME5012|
|Capacity||Up to 5.80PB (total with 3 ME484)|
|Protocols||SAN/DAS multiple protocols: SAS, FC, iSCSI|
|Controller||Dual-active controller architecture|
|Throughput||12Gb SAS backend|
|Software||All premium software features included|